This nutrient-dense kale avocado salad recipe offers healthy fats and herbal, earthy notes thanks to hemp seeds. Containing all 20 amino acids and essential fatty acids, hemp seeds are also a phenomenal protein source and add great texture to any kind of dish. You’ll be amazed at how filling this kale avocado salad actually is! Some types of kale can be enjoyed raw in this recipe, but I like to steam the thicker, curly kale in salads.
Kale Avocado Salad Recipe
- 2 heads kale, stems removed, roughly chopped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1 t soy sauce
- ¼ t salt
- 1 c tomato, diced
- ¼ c hemp seeds
- freshly ground pepper
- In a steamer basket over medium heat, steam kale until wilted, about 12-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, soy sauce and salt and stir to combine.
- When kale is wilted, drain and rinse with cold water until it's cool enough to handle. Squeeze out most of the remaining water. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss kale with olive oil mixture. Gently stir in tomato, avocado and hemp seeds until well mixed. Add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
Interested in saving time while still eating healthy? My Under 30-Minute Vegan Meal Plans features easy vegan recipes and handy shopping lists for $9.99.