The first time I saw Victoria Moran speak live, I was in awe. It was the NYC Vegetarian Food Festival and despite it being a noisy, bustling event hall jammed with booths, demos, and thousands of visitors, Victoria captivated the room. Weaving together personal stories, humor and thought-provoking information about a vegan lifestyle, she left the audience laughing and energized as well as deeply moved.
Always radiant and welcoming, Victoria has crafted a fascinating and revolutionary career as a speaker, author and health counselor getting people excited about a vegan lifestyle and ready to take control of their own well-being. As I learned from both her previous book, Main Street Vegan, as well as graduating from her vegan lifestyle coaching academy, Victoria has a graceful way of making a veganism seem like not only the most obvious, but the most joyful way to live.
In her newest book (her 12th!), The Good Karma Diet, Victoria shares her rewarding, flexible approach to feeling good, and why health is so much more than nutrition. It’s an inspiration-packed guide with ideas and recipes to transform your diet into a fulfilling lifestyle. Reading it feels like a breath of fresh air.
Victoria is an outstanding writer, with an approachable style that makes you feel like she’s talking directly to you. The Good Karma Diet includes solid information, inspiring personal stories, useful tips, a program for plant-based eating, easy life-enriching practices, and fantastic recipes by Chef Doris Fin. You’ll find a particularly delicious one for Chia Seed Pudding below.
A “good karma diet” isn’t about living life perfectly and nothing going wrong. But as Victoria shares, when your everyday actions serve your own well-being and that of the world, you get a growing sense that miracles are always close by for you to discover. How amazing is that!
In reading this powerful book, you’ll realize that living an exuberant, energized life in harmony with your body isn’t a fantasy. It’s a very real outcome that starts with the foundation of a vegan diet and extends to all aspects of your life. The Good Karma Diet is a path to well-being and fulfillment where healthy food and a beautiful life intersect.
- 1 cup unsweetened nut milk (homemade Brazil or almond milk, or unsweetened commercial vegan milk)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (whole or ground)
- 4 to 5 drops stevia or 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla bean powder or ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, or hempseeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped nuts
- ⅓ cup berries (blueberries, raspberries, or chopped strawberries all work well)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Stir the chia seeds, milk and sweetener in a jar. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, and leave for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, shake the jar really well. Leave for another 5 minutes, then shake really well again.
- Leave at room temperature for at least 20 minutes or, for best digestion, keep in the fridge overnight and serve for breakfast. You can also prepare this in the morning and leave in your fridge for a midday or evening snack.
- Before opening, shake vigorously one more time. Then pour into a bowl and add any or all of the optional ingredients.
Get the Good Karma Going! — Exciting Preorder Offers
If you order your copy of The Good Karma Diet before its May 19 pub date, you’ll get two gifts: First, an exclusive teleclass with Victoria Moran in which you’ll get extra tips to help you “eat gently, feel amazing, age in slow motion,” and you’ll be able to ask Victoria your questions. (The teleseminar will be recorded if you’re not available for the live event on Sunday, May 17). In addition, you’ll be entered in the Good Karma Contest in which the charity of your choice will be in the running for one of three $100 contributions.
Simply preorder your copy of The Good Karma Diet from Amazon, BN.com, or your local bookseller. Then send a copy of your receipt to Danielle.MSV@gmail.com, along with the name of your favorite charity.
One lucky winner will receive a copy of The Good Karma Diet by Victoria Moran! To enter, simply click on the giveaway below to input your contact information and leave a comment on this post saying why you’d like The Good Karma Diet. Good luck!
- The giveaway entry period begins 12:00am May 10, 2015 ET and ends 12:00am May 17, 2015 ET. This giveaway is open to US + Canada residents only.
- To enter, click on the Rafflecopter badge above to enter your name and email and then leave a brief comment on this post why you’d like The Good Karma Diet.
- One winner will be drawn at random and will be notified by email. The winner must respond within 48 hours with their mailing address to claim their prize. Otherwise, another winner will be selected at random.
- The winner will receive a copy of The Good Karma Diet by Victoria Moran.
- The book will be shipped to the winner by the publisher.